SLJ Hybrid Sports Kick Start

Today, I did a task of Hybrid Sports.

Learn: I saw some examples of Hybrid Sports. Examples were Disc Golf (Frisbee + Golf), Pickle Ball (Badminton + Table Tennis/Ping Pong + Tennis), and Water Polo (Hand Ball + Swimming).

Create: I made my own Hybrid Sport. It is called Shuttle Tag, with the mixtures of Badminton and Tag.

Share:

I played it with my friends who also play Badminton with me. I had great fun playing with them. My favourite was obviously playing the game.

What kind of hybrid game would you like to play?

2 thoughts on “SLJ Hybrid Sports Kick Start

1. Kia ora Isa,

What a fabulous game you have created. I definitely would play it. It’s kind of like tiggy (tag) but the tagger has a badminton racquet. You could play this with a whole class couldn’t you. Maybe 2 people are running around trying to hit people with the shuttlecock while the rest are trying to run away. You’d have to make some rules like not hitting the shuttlecock at people’s faces but otherwise it could be a really fun, high energy game. Did you and your friend enjoy playing it? Who won do you think?

Good question, Isa. That’s a tricky one for me. I play squash and hockey so I’m trying to think if there is any way I could mix the two. I’ve just had a thought. Squockey is what I would call it. It’s a two person game. Each player has a hockey stick and they hit the ball into the back of the goal, the players take turns doing this. The person who can’t return it either into the goal or back out over the line loses. To make it more challenging you could say the players only have 3 seconds to get to the ball. That would be a fun game I think. Quite challenging though.

Tino pai to mahi Isa,
    Anna
    SLJ

1. Hi Anna,
      Yes, we enjoyed playing together. We weren’t playing elimination so there was no winner otherwise once eliminated, it would be game over. If it was, my friend would of have won.
      From Isa