SLJ Hybrid Sports Step It Up

Today I did this task called Hybrid Sports Step It Up.

Learn: I saw some examples of hybrids e.g. Chess Boxing.

Create: In the last activity, I made my own game. Now, it is for me to make the rules up.

Share: These are my rules in the following:

1. 1 person is the tagger. The tagger has to aim at other people to get them out with a shuttle(shuttlecock).
  2. If you get hit, the tagger picks up the shuttlecock and aims again. For elimination, you are out.
  3. If the shuttlecock misses, the nearest person collects it and becomes the tagger.
  4. The tagger must say freeze when he/she has got the shuttle for accurate aiming.
  5. The tagger must stay where the the shuttle lands.
  6. You must stay frozen after freeze is called.
  7. The last person standing is the winner.
  8. The tagger must serve the shuttle to tag.
  9. You need a minimum of 2 people but no maximum number of people. The more, the merrier.
  10. You can play it indoor or outdoor.

What other hybrid sports can you think of that nobody may have taken yet?

2 thoughts on “SLJ Hybrid Sports Step It Up

1. Kia ora Isa,

What awesome rules. That is not how I expected the game to go at all but I like your version. It’s unique and well thought out. Can you explain to me a bit more how you win? You mentioned something about elimination but I didn’t quite understand. Tell me if this is right. If you tag someone you get to have another go for ‘elimination’. If you get them twice in a row then you eliminate them?

I noticed in the video you guys stayed in a small area. Are you allowed to run away or do you have to stay in the same space?

I have thought up another hybrid game although it might be dangerous. Hockey and cricket. I would call it hicket or crockey. What do you think is better. It would be played on the hockey field and the ball is thrown up and the player has to hit it into the net. As many people as you want can play, they just have to line up and go one at a time. To find a winner you could have a judge. Different parts of the goal could be worth different points. For example up the top could be worth 2 points and down the bottom could be worth 1. You could get extra points for speed etc. It would be a fun game I think. What do you think?

Anna
    SLJ

1. Hi Anna,
      First of all, you can’t win if not playing elimination. So if you get that person, they are instantly out of the game. The last person standing is the winner.
      You are allowed to run away within. the boundaries of the area you are playing in before the person says freeze. After freeze is called, you must stay still. Also, we were not playing elimination since it was only the two of us.
      I don’t play these type of sport so it wouldn’t a good game for me. In the perspective of someone who does like these sport, it would be a great game.
      From Isa