SLJ Colourblock landscape Step It Up

An activity this afternoon is related to the last activity. Unlike the last one, it is to create a beach scene. I watched the video when doing my picture and added some things at the end. I enjoyed this activity as it was easy, simple, and fun to do.

My favourite part making it was creating the palm tree and my favourite part of  the scene was the reflection of the sun and the background.

What type of scenes do you like to watch/draw/look at and why do you like that type?

Also, what do you prefer this scene to be; sunset or sunrise and why? I personally would like this to be sunset because I am a night owl myself.

One thought on “SLJ Colourblock landscape Step It Up

1. Mōrena Isa,

What an awesome art activity, I love colour block art as it is such a quick and easy style of art to master. Last year my students did colour block art of our school’s giant pine tree!!

I think you did an awesome job with this blog post especially with the details in your description. You introduced and described the activity well, explaining what you enjoyed and asking your readers a thoughtful and engaging question, These are all the qualities of an outstanding blog post.

I also think you did an amazing job with your art. I love the use of that beautiful sunset purple and all the details in the shadows with the dunes and birds. Did you base this scene on something you have seen before?

Have you been out to the beach to watch a sunrise yet this summer?

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ