SLJ Build a Plane Kick Start

Previously, I did this task named Build a Plane Kick Start.

Learn: I watched a video of How to make a Cardboard Plane.

Create: I made my own plane using corflute and paper. A rubber band was included for launching.

Share:

I enjoyed this activity less as it was very challenging. It was more challenging because you had to plan it through and you also had to calculate the wings so it flies.

Which type of air planes are your favourite?

2 thoughts on “SLJ Build a Plane Kick Start

1. Bula Isa,

I would have loved to see the plane fly. Did it fly well? Can you explain how you used the rubberband to fly the plane. Was it kind of like a lever to get it up into the sky?

You mentioned the activity was very challenging. What was the most challenging part about it? I’m impressed that you persevered and completed the task despite the challenges you faced. That shows a lot of resilience.

In answer to your question, the only plane I know how to make is the standard one. I really should learn to make a better and more complicated plane. Do you have any suggestions on which style plane I should try make?

Have you been in a plane? If so, where did you go and did you get to see out the window into the clouds?

Anna
    SLJ

1. Hi Anna,
      The plane fly ok, but not as well as I thought.
      It is actually a Catapult Rubber Band Plane. It works like a catapult by pulling and stretching the rubber band. When release the the rubber band, it will push the plane forward and fly.
      The most challenging part was actually making it to work with lots of attempts.
      You asked me if I have been on the plane before. Yes, I have been on the plane a few times before Covid. I went to Hong Kong, Japan, and Australia. I saw lots of clouds from the window, and sometimes I saw the sunset and sunrise.
      From Isa