SLJ R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Today, I did a task from ages ago that I realised I had not done. This task is called respect and the task is to design a Tongan Kiekie. A Kiekie is kinda like a cultural dress people wear in Tonga. I looked at some of the examples and came up with the idea of this design. I chose the flowers because I see a lot of cultural clothing with flowers as part of the patterns and the bird to represent peace. I found it pretty easy even without using google images. My design looks like this.

What would you choose to put on your Kiekie and why?

One thought on “SLJ R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

1. Kia ora Isa,

It is Charlotte again, a Summer Learning Journey Blog Commenter. Wow, what a great job you have done on your ‘R.E.S.P.E.C.T’ activity!

What a beautiful Kiekie! I love the bright colours you have used, especially the blue background – it reminds me of Summer at the beach. What was the reason behind choosing those colurs?

I think it is awesome how you made sure to research the history of the Kiekie before designing your own, this shows respect. When I researched about Kiekie I noticed that different Kiekie are worn for different occasions. What occasions have you designed your Kiekie to be worn at?

Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey