SLJ 2023: Tangram Step It Up

Today’s activity was based tangram.

Task: Using Tangram Builder, create 4 shapes using the Advanced not Basic templates at the bottom.

These are my 4 shapes for this task.

I found this more challenging as it took more time to solve due to the level of advanced.

What can you create with tangrams?

4 thoughts on “SLJ 2023: Tangram Step It Up

1. Afternoon Isa,

Your Tangrams look so awesome and so fun you inspired me to have a go myself. When I first opened up the application I thought it was a bit daunting. I wasn’t really sure where to start. I knew I could make one of the easy ones but I wanted to try and think outside the box and make something a bit different. I looked on google for a bit on inspiration and decided to try make a turtle. Tangram Turtle.jpg Let me know what you think and if there is another summer themed thing I should make? Imagine making an entire summer scene out of shapes, that would be tricky wouldn’t it.

I’m going to try guess what picture is what. The top right one is a plane I think. The bottom right, maybe a rabbit? The bottom left one looks a bit like Princess Leia but that is a very big guess. The top one looks like an animal with a tail. I thought dog or horse but wasn’t sure. Can you let me know if I’m right?

Anna

1. Hi Anna,
      Sorry, I cannot see your tangram. When I click on it, it came up with access denied. Can you please try going onto ‘share’, and change the ‘restricted’ to ‘anyone with the link’? I shall be able to view it then. Thank you.
      From Isa