SLJ: Summer Styles Art

Today’s activity I did on the Summer Learning Journey was creating Summer styles Heather Brown inspired artworks. The options were draw it yourself or fill in the colours of the pre-made one, and I chose to fill in the pre-made one. I used the gradient colours for some of the effects. My finished outlook came out as this.

How different would yours look like if it was a comparison?

One thought on “SLJ: Summer Styles Art

1. Kia ora Isa,

I must admit, I didn’t know Heather Brown’s artwork until I saw your blog post so I did a little bit of research of my own and I love her bright coloured, beach artwork and I think you did a good job replicating her style of artwork. I couldn’t help but notice that Heather Brown includes a red surfboard in a lot of her artwork. Did you notice that? Could you add a surfboard into your work?

I like how you included a comment in your blog post to inform your readers what the task is about and you even mentioned the two options you had. You asked how different mine would look if it was a comparison. I haven’t made one but I have an idea. I would make it based on my hometown of Mount Maunganui and I’d include the large maunga in the background with a range of greens, the contrast of blues from the sky and the oceans, a range of people wearing bright colours lying on the beach and maybe a line of surfboards of a variety of colours. Can you picture that in your head?

You continue to do a great job on your blogging Isa, keep up the good work.

Kia pai tō rā,
    Anna